GymnasticsPre-Competitive Development Ages 5-9
Gymnastics is a beautiful work of art if you have the right types of programs. I teach gymnasts of all ages and levels but my favourite thing to do is teach at the pre-competitive (pre-comps) level and mold them into well conditioned and higher level gymnasts. I usually consider a pre-competitive gymnast age 5-9 years old but of course there is always exceptions for kids a little younger or a older. It is more about the program they are following over their age.
I have had the opportunity to raise many pre-competitive groups over the years as well as work with other athletes of all ages and levels. Through trial and error I have been able to make many guides and programs that get results. Do you need to learn how to make plans for your athletes? Do you need help to learn how to raise little gymnasts into higher level gymnasts? Do you know how to get the most out of your cute little pre-comps? You have come to the right place. Check out below what I have to offer.
My Clinics Cover
- Basic Skill Development – What Skills To Teach and Why?
- Conditioning Progressions – What Are The Most Effective Exercises?
- Sufficient Repetition For Individual Skills – How Many Kips Does It Take To Do it By Themselves? Etc.
- All About Plans – How To Make A Plan and Why They Are Important
- Spotting Pre-comps on Bars – How To Shape Them Into The Proper Positions
- Learning How To Teach Individual Skills – Pre-Competitive Development Skills
Our coaches need to feel challenged as well as feel appreciated so they can be successful in their development as well. Without coaches we would have no sport.
Before We Start Teaching pre-competitive gymnasts is very tough. In fact, I find it to be the most difficult of all the levels and age categories that there are to teach in gymnastics. I have had the opportunity to raise many pre-competitive (pre-comp) groups from...read more